CMT (Level 1) Preparatory
CMT is an upcoming globally recognized qualification in India. It is a certification process in which candidates are required to demonstrate their proficiency in a broad range of technical analysis subjects. Administered by the Accreditation Committee of the Market Technicians Association (MTA), Inc., U.S., the program consists of three levels:
Level 1 - multiple choice exam; Level 2 - also a multiple choice exam; Level 3 - the essay portion of the exam.
A CMT gets membership with MTA which allows the individual to use the CMT Charter after some years of experience.
The Chartered Market Technician (CMT) designation is the culmination of a certification process in which candidates are required to demonstrate proficiency in a broad range of technical analysis of the financial markets. It is made up of an educational component, an experience requirement, an ethics requirement and a membership requirement.
Kredent’s CMT preparatory class will guide and prepare students for the Level 1 Chartered Market Technicians (CMT) exam.
- Definition of technical analysis
- Types of Charts
- Dow Theory
- Indicators - Lending and Lagging
- Chart Pattern Analysis
- Short term
- Patterns Japanese Candlestick
- Measuring Market Strength
- Money Management
- Trend Confirmation
- Open Interest and Price
- Sentiment Analysis
- Temporal Patterns and Cycles
- Point and Figure
- Introduction to Elliot Wave
- Fibonacci Numbers
- Inter-market Analysis
- Efficient Market Hypothesis
- Behavioral Finance Considerations
- Establishing price targets
- Portfolio managers
- Asset allocators
- Behavioral economists
- Finance professionals
- Hedge funds
- Those wishing to take the CMT Exam.
- Duration : 3 months - weekends
- In-house developed study material
- International books for case studies and exercises